Bringing a puppy or kitten into your family marks the beginning of a very happy, sometimes very trying, but always exciting time in your life. We are here to help you make this as easy as possible. When your new puppy or kitten arrives, make an appointment for a Free Puppy/Kitten Check, by one of our vets.
You can expect this visit to include:
- A full physical examination of your puppy or kitten - this will include checking for congenital problems and hereditary diseases.
- A discussion of the vaccination schedule for your pet.
- A discussion of preventative health care concerning use of flea, tick and worm products.
- A puppy/kitten pack containing lots of useful information.
- A cover note for one month of free insurance cover which includes cover for hereditary and congenital diseases, which will be covered for life if you then take out a policy within the month with Petplan.
- An invitation to a Puppy Party - see more details below.
- The opportunity to ask questions about diet or training, or any other questions you might have.
Socialising a puppy at a young age is really important to create a well-adjusted adult dog.
We provide monthly Puppy Parties as part of this socialising process and once your puppy has had their first vaccination, an invitation to the next party will be sent.
Lasting about an hour, it is a chance for puppies to interact on and off the lead with a small group of puppies under supervision. It is not a free-for-all as this can result in puppies learning the wrong behaviour and getting over-excited.
Run by an experienced qualified Veterinary Nurse and a qualified Animal Behaviour Counsellor, owners have an opportunity to discuss any concerns they have and receive useful training, behaviour and veterinary advice in an informal and relaxed manner.
Most importantly a Puppy Party provides an opportunity to have a fun and pleasant experience in a veterinary setting, making puppies less fearful of coming for visits in the future and enabling us to get to know them better.
We would still strongly advise a training class for every puppy as well as the Puppy Party, details of these will be provided in the Puppy Pack that you will be given at the party.